Sunday, July 15, 2012

More City Sights



Saturday, July 14, 2012

St Mary's

Marcella, Me, Bernie, and Westfield Tower
After a quick stop at the café, Sue, Marcella, Bernie, and I headed off to Sydney.  It was a beautiful day and we walked past St. Mary’s Cathedral.  After seeing some sights, we headed to the Westfield Shopping Center, which let me tell you, was much better than the Trumbull Mall.  There were very high-end shops and all I could think of was that both my mom and aunt would have loved to be there.  After the Bells became aware of my shopping skills, we headed to a few more very nice buildings, including the old Sydney town hall and parliament building.  After a couple of hours, we headed to a famous restaurant and a family favorite, “Pancakes on the Rocks.”  I didn’t know how pancakes could attract so many people, but when we got there, even at 8 at night, it was packed! We enjoyed conversation and then started another walk down to see the Sydney Bridge and Opera House lit up at night.  We walked around and even went inside the Opera House.  I am so fortunate that the Bells want to make sure I experience all of Sydney, and I certainly have been treated like one of their own.  By the time we got home, it was after 11 so we headed to bed after a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment