Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bondi Beach


Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sue, Bernadette, and I woke up for 8 AM Mass this morning and headed out into the cold.  The Mass was beautifully said, and Sue even spoke at the end! After a quick coffee at the café we headed home because my parents were finally back from New Hampshire and ready to skype.  It was around 10 in the morning for me, and 8 at night for them.  The Bells got to meet the family, minus Collin and Willy, and everyone was excited.  Sue and my mom have already made plans for a reunion when they travel to the US in September! 

After a long talk, we all headed off to Bondi Beach, an Australian wonder.  It was incredible and so crowded, even in winter!  We walked around the boardwalk and Mr. Bell joked as I stared at the surfers in awe.  Everyone looked so beachy and trendy, and in fact, Marcella pointed out a famous model called Bambi, who was out walking with her friends.  Sue overheard Marcella say “famous model” and shouted, “Where!?!?” and Bambi’s friends all turned around and laughed which embarrassed both Marcella and Bernie but I was hysterically laughing as well.  We ate at a delicious Italian restaurant called “Bondi Italian” and finished the day off with some shopping at the Bondi markets.  I seriously couldn’t believe how many stands were there and how interesting some of the items were.  The market had everything from vintage jean vests to sunglasses and paintings.  Needless to say I was in my glory and Mr. Bell didn’t complain once as I went in every single tent (AHEM, dad).  We came home and did some things around the house while Mrs. Bell started cooking a delicious pumpkin soup.  Bernie and I walked Jacko, their Jack Russell, down to the café to pick up some ingredients.  Right now we just finished a movie with one of the Bell’s friends, Damien, and also skyped her brother who is working and living in London.  Tomorrow morning I head to Canberra with Clare for 2 nights to see the city and learn some history.
  

1 comment:

  1. "is it hot in here or is it just him?"

    She must be related to you

    ReplyDelete